Empowering the Future of Robotics and Motion
The LDD series motor, enables Wyzo to comply with international safety standards, ISO/TS 15066 Collaborative Robot Technical Specification4 , which allows for human-machine collaboration. The world’s first robot that is both high-speed, and safe to use around people.
“Wyzo constantly monitors its surroundings for the presence of human activity, allowing it to maximize performance when on its own, and [sic] to slow to a safe operating speed when a human is nearby. As a result, compared to cobots (collaborative robots), which are also used in the pharmaceutical industry, Wyzo offers higher speeds when operators are nearby (30 to 50 cycles per minute versus around 10 cycles per minute for cobots) and significantly higher speeds when operators are not detected (up to 80 cycles per minute),” says Souyris5.
Of the collaboration which enabled the Wyzo Souyris says, “It is a new benchmark for collaborative production that combines the best of human and machine abilities.”
Genesis strives to create value with engineered solutions based on our customer’s unique needs. LiveDrive LDD has enabled a new freedom for engineers to innovate and design robots without previous limitations of legacy hardware. Our team can work with you to create custom solutions for your application.
*IP67 represents one of the highest levels of ingress protection offered by an IP rating. This rating provides: Complete protection against ingress of dust and airborne particles. Protection against water and liquids, up to and including immersion in up to one meter of water.
- What is the Future of Packaging Automation, from Packaging Strategies emagazine, September 20, 2021.
- In 1988, DEMAUREX SA shifted its business focus to the food industry (demaurex.com). The Delta robot is now an industry standard for many companies within food and beverage, electrical and electronics, and pharmaceuticals industries. The Delta robot is considered the benchmark for best practice in terms of high-speed pick-and-place technology.
- A cobot, or collaborative robot, and now “sidebot” are tools to support employees in their work, relieving them of many heavy, unergonomic and tedious tasks. They are designed for direct human robot interaction within a shared space.
- ISO/TS 15066:2016, Robots and robotic devices — Collaborative robots, International Organization of Standardization (ISO) .
- The Future of Packaging Automation, from Pharmaceutical Processing World, July 2, 2021.